Make Your Best First Impression
- By: Amanda Styles

The old saying is true: You only have one chance to make a first impression. In an instant, largely unconsciously, people evaluate each other based on a thousand different cues. The most important of these, for better or for worse, is appearance.

Consider this: if someone is in the midst of an important legal matter, they hire a lawyer.  When dealing with financial issues, people turn to investment professionals. And when the house floods, the smartest thing anyone can do is call a plumber.

It’s time to turn the same thinking to the business of getting dressed. Consider managing a wardrobe like managing any other project. Most people waste hours a week sorting through what to wear, then end up leveraging only 20% of their wardrobe, leaving 80% to go to waste.


Buying more of what one doesn’t need is rarely the solution to any problem. The best thing to do is use the resources at hand in order to achieve the desired result. And the best way to do that is by calling in a pro.

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="MiF8UCR4-XXKh2YgZiMkXKK-5IDUwQZOlQ4UHCYzjjQ" />

saN fRANCISCO

There are a host of reasons to bring in a stylist to consult on one’s wardrobe. It might be a new job or promotion requires dressing for success. Someone else might be tired of wasting money on clothing that never looks quite right, or has an important client meeting, trip, date, or special occasion coming up.

The job of a stylist is to ensure that someone’s outside appearance matches the situation of the moment - whether it’s a job interview or a date - and also reflects the person wearing the clothes.

So forget any worries about having to buy a whole new wardrobe or answering the daily question of, "What to wear." A personal stylist purpose is to they take what is already in the client’s wardrobe and turn it into a curated collection, optimizing what is already there and filling in the gaps as needed. 


An personal stylist will help you find the perfect outfit for any special occasion and make getting dressed every day a pleasure. Personal style isn't about following trends, it’s about learning what clothes suit your personality and body type, and then wearing them in a way that’s unique to you.